Hello Chamber Members and Friends,
Happy Summer! As we hope you are aware, there are lots of changes happening here at the Chamber – and in Rutland! The upcoming merger of the Rutland Chamber and the Rutland Economic Development Corporation promises great strides to further collaboration, a stronger voice for the region and a deeper suite of services for the businesses in Rutland County. It is a positive move and we are thankful the Board of Directors of both organizations are thoughtfully executing this union.
My last day at the Chamber will be Friday August 28th as I will be taking on a new role as Executive Director of the Housing Trust of Rutland County. The team at the newly merged organization has some real firepower as we welcome Lyle Jepson back and continue with Tyler Richardson, Kim Rupe, Elicia Pisaneault as well as Penny Inglee – who has been with the organization for almost 24 years. They are going to do a great job as collectively they will be able to offer more than our individual organizations!
I want to share with you some of my highlights over the past 4 ½ years…
- My very first mixer at the Red Clover Inn and getting handed the microphone (yikes!)
- Business Leaders of the year – Greg Cox 2016, Tom Huebner 2017, Russ Marsan 2018 and Donald Billings 2019.
- Our first Community leader of the year – Terry Jaye 2019!
- Regional Marketing Initiative and all those who helped make that a truly viable program for our region. Videos – my absolute favorite products!
- 2019 Annual Meeting – Stefanie Schaffer – and recognizing Strength and Resilience in our Community
- Madeline Kunin Trailblazer Award from Evolve Rutland
- Our Rutland County Delegation – the absolute best in the state!
- The wonderful board of directors at the Chamber
- Penny (no other words)
I hope to see you all in the near future!